Karloz's hyip blog

My Experiences with High Yield Investment opportunities

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

MegaInvestForum update

Well, I just logged onto the trading account and was disapointed to see things have gone from bad to worse. It was not long ago there was a major problem with the Expert Advisor which resulted in around a $20k loss on the fund. As I said in an earlier post the administator of the program added $15k of his own funds. The reserves covered the rest of the losses to make August a break even month. The present situation is they are around 30% down for the month. This really does outline that most traders and most strategies do not make money in forex and it is very important to see at least six months worth of LIVE results (preferably at one brokerage) prior to considering it as an investment. If this is not done, it is in effect more or less gambling, also it becomes a apparent that many months of back testing and demo account trading is of limited use. This is possibly the most important part when performing due diligence on an online forex opportunity. ID documents, proof of trading (with no history and risk assessment) etc are of minimal use when the trader loses your money. Marcos at FXExperts was full of praise for MegaInvestforum at the beginning but his future opinions should be treated with extreme cautious as the current state of both FXE and MIF is rather precarious. I am now very glad I did not join this opportunity and believe I was right to be suspicious. I hope the people who have joined don't end up losing too much money.

2 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karlo, I hear you my friend... Have seen loads of "FOREX" programs take a dip for whatever reason.... Maybe it's time for everyone to start thinking about trading on their own and making their own money -- without having to trust anyone else with their hard earned money....

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Karl said...

riaan, yes, this is because most of them are bad traders or the leverage/risk they use is just not sustainable in the long term, just like FXE.

nachrichter.. I will update it again shortly.. Most of my programs do earn those kinda numbers.. 5% is sustainable if it is good trader. 10-15% generally isn't, a few bad months and horrendous drawdowns often result.

I don't live on hyips.. I am slowly moving over to managed accounts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home