Karloz's hyip blog

My Experiences with High Yield Investment opportunities

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Due Diligence Resources

I thought it might be helpful to others if I add a few due due diligence tools I use to the links section.

whois.ws - Domain WHOIS

DNSTools - useful for reverse DNS lookups and other things

Fonefinder - Lookup phone numbers here, you can also do reverse lookups too

Google Maps - Excellent map service, you can zoom into street level for many countries

Alexa - Very useful for verifying traffic. For a rough guide I own a site that receives around 3000 unique visitors per day and the alexa rank is around 28,000. If you play ponzis it might be useful to compare returns and the alexa charts with long lasting ponzis like 12dp and see how they compare, it may give you some indication of how well the ponzi is sustaining itself. On the flip side, a long term investment program with a very poor alexa rating may be suggestive that the program would be unsustainable as a ponzi and therefore add legitamcy, but there are many many more factors to consider when making a decision like this. I mentioned some of them in the article I wrote on the 29th June 2006. All in all, I don't have the toolbar on my PC, as I don't like spyware, but I believe for DD purposes it does have its place.

Wayback Machine - This is a very helpful took that lets you see how a website looked at various points in time in the past. For example the recently failed fraudulent program solidinvestment.com claimed to have been online since 1998. A quick visit to the wayback machine reveals that this is clearly not the case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home